Thursday, March 1, 2018

I will READ your work and critique: flow, consistency, characters, structure.

I will READ your work and critique: flow, consistency, characters, structure.












About:

Are you ready for an HONEST & TOUGH BETA READ?

I'm a professional editor and published author. I understand exactly what works and what doesn't. 

Before you publish you need beta readers. And no, family and friends do not count. 

The hardest part of writing is getting someone to read your work and be unbiased and real. Beta readers need to be unbiased, critical, and thorough. 

I am here to help YOU with the BETA read your work desperately needs. There is no FLUFF or MUSH, this is for HONEST, CONSTRUCTIVE CRITIQUES. 

I will beta read focusing on the following: 

  • Opening Line - Does it hook the reader or fall flat? 
  • Dialogue - Does it flow or is it overly wordy? 
  • Character inconsistencies – Do they all behave like they should or are they chaotic?
  • Pacing and Flow – Are you rushing or dragging and where to change?
  • Description - Do your descriptions fall short or too long? 
  • Repetitions - Are you repurposing? 
  • Plot holes – Sound or Loosy-goosy? 
  • Etc...

+ Overall critique of your work from the perspective of a reader.
+ This is NOT a grammar edit
+ Suggestions on how to improve your work.
+ A multi-paged report


Let's GO! 

Reviews


highersights:Wonderful ideas and advice! A perfect beta reader!

kileyphoto:A joy to work with you! Thank you for allowing me to share your story with my children. I look forward to the finished book! :)

lizlemon44:Susan was very thorough and detailed with her critique. She is also honest and will not sugar coat the issues you need to fix, which I really appreciate. The turn around time from the moment i contacted her to receiving my comments was also impressively fast. Would definitely use her services again.

kileyphoto:Pleasure working with Liz on her manuscript. I look forward to many more projects and watching her success as an author. Cheers!

winkwhale:Excellent Feedback. Coming back for more! Thank you so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment