Wednesday, February 28, 2018

I will copy edit 750 words of your novel

I will copy edit 750 words of your novel












About:

When you're hard at work on your Beautiful Work of Staggering Genius, you don't have time to worry about things like serial commas or the difference between en and em dashes. That's what copy editors are for!

But copy editors do so much more than fix grammar and catch typos. They spot repetition, misused phrases, and that John-who's-only-in-three-scenes has blue eyes in chapter 2 and green eyes in chapter 29. A good copy editor can take your writing from "well, there's a good story here" to "wow, that's amazing!"

For $5, I will copy edit up to 750 words of your work (about 3 pages in double-spaced, 12-point font). That's less than half the industry standard cost!

I check for:
  • Proper grammar, punctuation, word use, phrase use, and spelling
  • Repetition
  • Excess words that add nothing to the story
  • Consistency in details, descriptions, style, etc.
  • Formatting according to current publishing standards
  • Abbreviations and jargon that the general readership doesn't know
  • Clichés
  • And more!

Want me to edit your entire novel? Send me a message! Discounts are available for large orders.

I will work on all fiction genres.

Reviews


doddsy66:Thanks one again for a great job. The detailed copy edit was exactly what I wanted and will use your services again.

jely00:Thank you for your order! I'll be happy to work with you again any time.

rjcperfect:Outstanding Experience!

whitb1977:Great work! Thank you, J!

rjcperfect:Another great job. Really appreciate catching a couple of inconsistent statements.


No comments:

Post a Comment