Friday, March 27, 2020

Be Your Developmental And Line Editor For Your Book Or Story











About:

*Message me for other word counts- $7 per 1k words*



As your developmental editor, I will focus on the mechanics of your manuscript as a whole: what is working, what is not working, and, most importantly, why. I will also line edit, which addresses the creative content, writing style, and language use at the sentence and paragraph level.



I use the "Feedback Sandwich" method that balances criticisms and praises-- I tell you what you're doing right, too!

Service includes:

  • Discovering plot holes
  • Analyzing every word, sentence, & chapter
  • Minor spelling & grammar issues (you'll still need a copy editor/proofreader on your final draft)
  • Looking at character development & story structure
  • Overall impressions and analysis of work, characters, settings, etc.
  • The included 1 "revision" is your chance to send the document back with any questions  concerning my feedback

What I send:

  • Tracked Changes & Margin Notes
  • Feedback Summary of my thoughts on the overall story


Will Read:

  • Any fiction, excluding erotica
  • Self-help, instructional


Won't Read:

  • Memoirs


Please note, I am not a professional editor, but I will treat your work with the same amount of respect and professionalism. 

Reviews


Seller's Response:

Touched on everything, really. For my first edit, I was pretty satisfied. I’m glad somebody put my philosophy into place.

Seller's Response:

Thank you! It’s great working with you and hopefully I get to again.

Seller's Response:

I enjoy working with jcmdowell, she delivers the critique necessary to improve my work. I've already requested and contracted her services for my second book. My plan is to contract her again when I complete the third, she's awesome and highly recommended buy me. W. L. White III

Seller's Response:

Thank you! I look forward to book three!

:

JcmDowell, was and is outstanding. Her professionalism was exactly what an author needs. She tested the ideology of the manuscript by asking the right questions. This allowed me to fine-tune grammar and punctuations. Her work ethic should be the standard for author's that need a drill instructor mentality when editing their manuscripts. Get the best the first time. I have already asked JcmDowell to edit the second book in this series. Again thank you for a vigorous effort JcmDowell.




No comments:

Post a Comment