Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Commercially Assess Your Story Idea As A Pro Editor











About:

Got a great story? This is your chance to have it assessed by a Washington Post, USA Today, and Amazon Chart bestselling editor.



Having a strong outline is the first step to writing a book that sells. This gig includes:



  • A story outline template for you to complete, if needed. 


  • In-line comments inserted throughout your outline/synopsis.


  • A 15 - 45 min voice recording of summary insights.


Story assessment allows you to:



  • Check that your story is commercially viable before you invest in editing.


  • Fix big picture issues, reducing edits down the line.


  • Get pro feedback on the idea and story architecture, for a fraction of the cost of a major edit.


Qs answered:



  • Commercial viability: Is the premise engaging, and story well-formed?


  • Character dev: Is your hero compelling? Does the external action progress their internal journey?


  • Pace & structure: Are scenes/subplots unnecessary; could others be added? Is the story satisfying?


Send me your current outline (synopsis or scene breakdown), or contact me for a template before ordering.




NB: outline assessments are offered for works of fiction and memoir only. If you have a custom word count or request, feel free to contact me.

Reviews


Seller's Response:

Cate is a very thoughtful and constructive critic, and I immediately knew I was in good hands from our first interaction. I highly recommend her services to anyone looking for professional assistance to improve their writing.

Seller's Response:

Thank you for this kind feedback! You gave me wonderful content to work with, and I greatly enjoyed the collaboration. :)

Seller's Response:

Cate is very kind, thorough and efficient with her feedback! I knew something was off in my writing but couldn't figure out what. Her comments not only let me know what was wrong but also gave me actionable ideas on how I could move forward to fix the problems. Mastering the ability to do a thing isn't the same as having mastered the ability to teach it. I feel Cate has succeeded at both and recommend her if you are considering investing in her creative feedback. She will also be candid with you about your expectations. I originally contacted her about proofreading AND creative feedback, she let me know that wasn't very realistic and saved me money as a result.

Seller's Response:

This review made my day - thank you for the kind words (and tip)! It was a pleasure to assess your story and help shape your talent for future readers. You have a lot of creative gifts and potential; the ideal client for any editor. Thank you!

Seller's Response:

She took great care with my story. Her feedback was both thorough and reflective and inspired me to take my story in a better direction. I can tell she is quite knowledgable and has a depth of experience needed to help a story come alive. This is the second time I have worked with her and will continue to work with her in the future!




No comments:

Post a Comment